Westminster, MD 21157 US
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking Welders at a local client in Westminster, MD. This company manufactures handicapped vans and ambulances.
The Welder position is a member of the Pre-production or Production Department whose primary duties center around the welding specific assembly workstations of the production lines or the Pre-production department. Associates in this category are assigned to a specified workstation to perform tasks from preparing a vehicle for modification through the assembly process with a focus on welding. Welders are required to train on multiple workstations and will be assigned to stations as required by the production schedule.
Critical Job Requirements:
- Designated Safety Sensitive Job subject to pre-employment and ongoing drug/alcohol screenings.
- Physically fit and able to perform manual labor in a plant environment and successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam.
- Ability to individually lift 50-100 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet and physically active for 8-hour shift including bending, twisting, kneeling, and lifting.
- The ability to work in non-environmentally controlled plant facility for 8-hour shift.
- Ability to judge distances and read signs.
- Successful completion of pre-employment welding test given onsite.
- Perform Station specific production tasks such as welding.
- Utilize warehouse management control software to initiate and complete job orders.
- Participate in Team Meetings.
- Communicate with Team Members & Supervisor.
- Abide by all Safety Requirements including use of PPE.
- Onsite customer service.
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
- Assist in performance of periodic departmental and facility wide inventories.
- Assist in periodic facility expansion and upgrade projects.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Valid Welding Certification or certification from a Welding Program.
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record required for driving job assignments.