Van Line (Automotive) Production Worker
Westminster, MD 21157 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking Production Workers on 1st shift at a client in Westminster that creates handicapped accessible Van's and Ambulances. This is a temp to hire position.
The Production Associate position at is a member of the Production Team whose primary duties center around the assembly of the production unit (Van). Associates in this category are assigned to a specified assembly station to perform tasks from preparing a vehicle for modification through the assembly process to a completed unit. Production Associates are required to train on multiple assembly stations and will be assigned to stations as required by the production schedule. Some Production Associates may specialize in certain stations or tasks, but all are required to be flexible and trained on multiple stations. This position reports to a Line Supervisor and then to the Plant Manager. Additionally, Jr. Production Associates are frequently assigned to a Sr. Production Associate to assist and to train with promotion into a Sr. Associate position as positions become available.
Critical Job Requirements
- Designated Safety Sensitive Job subject to pre-employment and ongoing drug/alcohol screenings.
- Physically fit and able to perform manual labor in a plant environment and successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam.
- Ability to be on feet and physically active for 8-hour shift including bending, twisting, kneeling, and lifting.
- The ability to work in non-environmentally controlled plant facility for 8-hour shift.
- Ability to judge distances and read signs.
Education& Experience Requirements
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record required for driving job assignments.
- Perform Station Specific Production tasks such as:
- Prepare vehicle for Conversion process by removing interior component
- Cut out removal of bumper & floor
- Reroute electrical harnesses
- Assemble and install Conversion component such as ramp & tub
- Installation of vehicle seats, flooring, and interior panels
- Assemble and install electrical harnesses and other components
- Assemble and install interior cabinetry
- Assemble and install gas tank assemblies
- Installation and testing of vehicle Air Conditioning units
- Complete and process Work Orders via computer access
- Participate in Team Meetings
- Communicate with Team Members & Supervisors
- Abide by all Safety Requirements including use of PPE
- Maintain a Safe and Clean Workstation
- Assist in maintaining a Safe and Clean Production Facility
- Assist in performance of periodic departmental and facility wide inventories
- Assist in periodic Facility expansion and upgrade projects