Shipping and Receiving Manager
Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Manager at a local manufacturing company in Westminster, MD.
Responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of all incoming freight receipt, outbound freight coordination, and internal production kit assembly. This position will manage the receiving department and its staff, ensuring that all items are received, stored, and distributed in an organized and timely manner. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Job Category: Hourly, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
22.00-25.00 per hour
- Ability to individually lift 50-100 pounds.
- Physical ability to work full day lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling in a non-environmentally controlled, loud work environment.
- Ability to judge distances and read signs.
- 3-5 years experience in a related field or industry required.
- 2+ years of experience in supervision/management to include employee counseling, monitoring and disciplinary action.
- Quality Control management experience.
- Ensure that drivers depart with appropriate shipping paperwork.
- Assist and evaluate needs with shipping points, services, weights and freight permits, and other information needed.
- Process necessary invoices to appropriate department for payment.
- Coordinate with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods.
- Identify and correct errors on packing lists and invoices.
- Monitor shipping orders and quantities match picking documents through careful audit of purchase orders.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Arrange for movement of freight to consignee/agent and update the system with information.
- Valid Driver's License
- Current and valid OSHA Forklift Operators License (training can be provided but this position is required to operate a forklift).
- High School Diploma or GED, preference given for Associate or Bachelor's degree.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts under management Plant Manager and Chief Operations Officer.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of various equipment.
- Ensure team is assembling packaging materials and package merchandise per instructions, in preparation for shipment.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Utilize warehouse management control software to initiate and complete job orders.
- Work with plant management to ensure inventory of parts is maintained.
- Coordinate production kit assembly.
- Receive and inspect inbound shipments.
- Coordinate packaging and delivery of outbound shipments.
- Monitors operations and processes and provides recommendations for improvement to Plant Manager.
- Assure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Ensure established safety rules and regulations are followed by all staff.
- Ensures conformance with proper processes and quality standards.
- Identifies quality deficiencies and supervises remediation.
- Detail Orientation
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools
- Familiarity with basic automobile mechanics and electrical systems
- Strong Communication Skills
- Team Player Mentality
- Flexible and Adaptable
Be advised this position description does not contain an all-inclusive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this position. Other duties will be assigned to further the company's sales performance and growth. Job position responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Pre-Employment Physical
Three ways to apply:
Submit resume this job posting.
Visit our website- https://hrcenter.tempworks.io/en/axiomstaffing/
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(We are in the Walmart Shopping Center)