Senior Electrical Engineer
York, PA 17401 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking a qualified Senior Electrical Engineer at a client in York, PA.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Design electrical, power management and control systems for HVAC products
- Produce detailed electrical schematics and wiring harness drawings, documentation, verification and test plans specific to customer and project requirements
- Liaison and periodic travel to end customers
- Will liaison with vendors for technical information and specifications
- Assign part and drawing numbers and create BOM’s
- Identify electrical/electronic components, connectors and wiring required to be used in new and existing products
- Assist in fabrication of prototypes testing and samples for production when required
- Participate in preparation of bid/proposal documents
- Product qualification testing
- Occasion travel
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- HVAC experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in electrical design, prototyping, and testing of electronic products.
- 5 or more years of electrical development experience in automotive, off road, transit, rail electrical systems or HVAC.
- Hands-on experience in system development such as prototyping.
- Must have proven experience with design of electrical systems for harsh operating environments.
- Must have good leadership skills and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have experience with control system development.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and basic knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of 12v, 24v, 48v, 320 and 800 VDC and low voltage AC (120, 220, 400, 460, 575 VAC etc.) components and associated wiring for mobile applications.
- Knowledge of electrical AC/DC motors, switches, blowers, fans, heating elements, contactors, wire/cable requirements, circuit protection, and control electronics.
- Must have proven experience designing to and complying with CE, E mark and SAE standards. Must make sure that all products comply to these standards for the destination market.
- Proficient in Autocad or other CAD package for drafting of electrical schematics.
- Experience in 3D wire harness design
- Experience in electrical/electronic troubleshooting .
- Must be able to work independently.
- Self starter, must be able to identify the next sequential task.
- Able to read/interpret government specs.
- Exposure to Military or other government projects.
- Familiarity with material and resource planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of power electronics components.
- Experience with and/or understanding of AC variable frequency drives.