Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking two Quality Engineers for a local manufacturing company in Hanover, PA. This is a direct hire position with a salary between $80,000-90,000/year. This assignment will last approximately 6 months but could last longer.
Provide world class quality engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas and product launch activities that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Quality Engineer will support the quality manager in establishing performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as, identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company products and services.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s Quality Management System and accepted manufacturing practices.
- Ensures compliance with all Product Safety Procedure requirements; fully understands and ensures compliance with company Product Safety Escalation Process.
- Understands and enforce Critical Characteristics/Special Characteristics in terms of: controlling the characteristic using appropriate tools to ensure capability and stability of the process and product; understands the potential outcome if the characteristic is not in specification and the liability to the company if a defective part gets into the field.
- Establish / Maintain Statistical Process Controls at areas of responsibility, including at all required Product Safety characteristics (CC/SC).
- Performs Capability Studies at required processes to determine process stability and defines actions to implement if improvement is required.
- Identifies adverse quality trends as evidenced by statistical analysis and assists process engineering/manufacturing personnel in the development of corrective actions.
- Identifies and implements improvements with manufacturing teams that reduce product cost, improve quality, and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Lead SPS (Simple Problem Solving) teams in root cause analysis of specific projects and report out to high level staff.
- Reviews and analyze the area scrap data to identify top offenders / negative trends, determine root cause of issues, and define corrective actions
- Completes Gage R&R’s on all measurement systems / gages at areas of responsibility.
- Continuously researches and implements “Best Practice” manufacturing/processing methods and processes regarding quality.
- Works with manufacturing engineering to validate current processes and components.
- Ensures that effective documentation and control systems are developed, utilized, and maintained properly.
- Leads new product / equipment launches including new processes / equipment validation, gages and fixtures design and validation, implementation of process controls for product safety characteristics, customer PPAP documentation, creates controls plans, inspection instructions, et.al.
- Assists in the design and build of manufacturing/assembly/processing equipment and processes.
- Coordinates and performs special studies, DOE’s and analysis.
- Reviews and makes disposition on non-conforming materials.
- Reviews FTF (Functional test Failure) data to identify causes and define corrective actions.
- Tracks, and drive for closure of RNC (Report for Non conformity) for the area of responsibility.
- Prepares and makes presentations to customers, employees, and all levels of the management team.
- Utilizes a teamwork approach to achieve goals with particular emphasis on Production Teams.
- Provides technical leadership, training and support to manufacturing teams, as well as, to peers.
- Designs, installs and evaluates quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques to support the business.
- Establishes and maintains customer quality metrics.
- Drives the reduction of external and internal non-conformances.
- Serves as an IATF-16949 / ISO14000 / VDA Internal Auditor.
- Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures including requirements for IATF-16949 and ISO14001.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by the department manager / supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Has the ability to develop and implement Quality standards.
- Is proactive and strategic thinking.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills; confident to face customer or supplier.
- Has the ability to influence others.
- Has organizational skills.
- Understands KPS or lean behaviors and able to apply these to processes.
- Experienced with APQP and relevant Quality control tools and processes, including knowledge of or education in Quality Engineering, design control, and verification and validation tools and methodologies.
- Independently analyze and trend data, formulate and implement corrective actions to improve products, processes, and systems.
- Experienced in Advanced Math, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab.
- Understands PFMEA (Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis).
- Has intermediate to advanced problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Metallurgy/Materials Testing and inspection/measuring machines and tools (ex. CMM, micrometers, calipers, gauges).
- Customer Orientation - Is about demonstrating service and relationship-orientation toward internal and external customers, satisfying their needs and generating mutually satisfactory solutions.
- Analytical Thinking - Refers to collecting, analyzing and structuring information using a wide perspective in order to identify key issues and patterns as well as to drawing conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation - Includes creating an atmosphere of openness and curiosity for innovations, providing and implementing inventive ideas that add value.
- Teamwork - Means the ability to work with others and build a positive climate and trusting relationships within teams.
- Adaptability & Flexibility - Includes the ability to build networks, work successfully in various, complex, changing and challenging environments and with diverse people.
- Influence & Inspire - Refers to the ability to convince others to embrace ideas, providing compelling arguments and making use of informal processes.
- Communication Skills - Comprises the ability to speak, present, write, listen and distribute information effectively and create an environment for open communication.
- Strategy & Vision - Describes the ability to develop strategies aligned to the organization's vision, putting them into action and taking a big picture view, considering future influences.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical/Industrial management is required or similar field.
- Requires at 3 years+ of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Requires strong knowledge of IATF16949 quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading people, driving a positive work environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and critical thinking skills using DMAIC/RedX and 8D strategies.
- Knowledge of GD&T and reading blueprints.
- Must be able to use statistical analysis to define actions and resolve issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), and Statistical Tools is required.
- Strong Written and Oral communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at a time.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles.
- Machining Processes experience is preferred.
- Assembly processes experience is preferred.
- Powder coating process experience is preferred.
- Greenbelt/Blackbelt Certification preferred.
- S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.