Gainesville, GA 30504 US
3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Axiom Staffing Group in partnership with American Yazaki Corporation (AYC) is seeking an entry to mid level Production Supervisor for 3rd shift. The ideal Production Supervisor will be responsible for Supervision of production personnel in a manufacturing and logistics environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor
1. Reporting daily performance reports for all production lines and other activities.
2. Lead, coach, train, and motivate all subordinates.
3. Ensure the manufacture of our customer’s products within the guidelines of safety, quality, efficiency, and inventory control.
4. Coordinate the operation of all production lines.
5. Provide directions to production operators to ensure safety, product quality, and productivity while maintaining inventory control.
6. Optimize the utilization of human resources and production equipment.
7. Review all production documents so as to ensure completeness and accuracy.
8. Schedule and perform training for all production operators in the area of safety, quality, productivity, inventory control, standard operating procedures, housekeeping, and overall good manufacturing practices.
9. Meet production demands.
10. Review the training skill matrix in order to document and establish the training requirements for each operator.
11. Monitor the daily activities of all operators to ensure that procedures are followed.
12. Make the appropriate recommendation relative to the performance of each operator (promotions, disciplinary action, terminations).
13. Look for ways continuously on how to improve safety, quality, productivity, and inventory control.
14. Complete changeovers on the equipment
15. Look for cost reduction items and areas of waste throughout the facility.
16. Promote continuous improvements in the entire production department.
17. Completes all documentation required for the processes where working.
18. Practice excellent housekeeping skills by maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition utilizing 6S activities.
19. Maintain equipment and perform a variety of duties which may require a moderate degree of skill and ability in connection with the modifications, repair, and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
20. Participate in group meetings in order to exchange any job-related information.
21. Ensure compliance of all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules (OSHA) while conducting work functions.
22. Support, enforce, and comply with all company policies, procedures, standards (5S, SHEMS, etc.), through compliance, improvement, and preventive measures.
23. Safeguard sensitive company and employee information.
24. Perform related tasks as needed.
Skills and Requirements of the Production Supervisor
1. 1-2+ years of Production Supervisor experience preferred but not required.
2. Perform standard complex math calculations.
3. Basic computer skills required.
4. Great communication skills
5. Understanding of 5S principles
6. Ability to understand quality control methods.
7. Ability to use various machines and practical skills.
8. Able to follow and execute instructions.
10. Ability to operate various assembly tools along with tools to complete maintenance and changeovers.
11. H. S. Diploma or equivalent