Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking packers on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift at a reputable company in Hanover, PA
This company offers traditional 2nd and 3rd shifts as well as rotating 4 days on and 4 days off schedules.
JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletizes product, and completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
- Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs. Ensures that products are packaged in cases with appropriate corresponding labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids using correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack to move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
- Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards defective bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the floor.
- Assists with product rework according to plant expectations.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions.
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and wipeouts).
- Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED and/or Minimum 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Frequently
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
Three ways to apply:
Submit resume this job posting.
Visit our website- https://hrcenter.tempworks.io/en/axiomstaffing/
Email resume to email@example.com
(We are in the Walmart Shopping Center)
Walkin's Welcome Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm