Manufacturing Shop Supervisor
Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking a manufacturing Shop Supervisor at a client in Abbottstown, PA.
SUMMARY: The Shop Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating various teams and initiatives to foster exchange of ideas and ensure effective shop flow. He/She will be skilled at inspiring and motivating employees to perform and will identify opportunities to expand or improve processes. The Shop Operations Manager will be adept at communicating, identifying potential problems, and working to find solutions to maximize productivity and revenue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following describes the essential functions of the Shop Operations Manager role performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provides direction and leadership to approximately 5 direct reports.
- Coordinates shop operations that include a wide variety of unique jobs that navigate throughout the organization.
- Coordinates with external vendors for a variety of plating, coatings and specialized heat treatment services to ensure timely job completion.
- Works closely with each department leader to ensure proper workflow throughout the shop floor so that required job commercials are received on schedule.
- Orders materials from cut sheets for current jobs and/or quotes potential new ones.
- Reduces production costs, preventing project delays and improving productivity.
- Reads drawings and engineering documentation in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products per specification.
- Measures, examines and validates completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications by using precision instruments such as micrometers and calipers as needed.
- Monitors employee productivity, setting goals for performance and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years prior supervisory/management experience - shop setting preferred.
- Certified Machinist Journeyman preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and/or job scheduling preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and staff.
- Adept at problem identification, resolution and decision making.
- Superior focus on quality and providing an exceptional, on time product to our customers.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently while possessing critical thinking skills for complex problem solving.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This role requires a level of physical activity some of which includes considerable use of hands, arms, legs, safely lifting and/or maneuvering heavy materials using appropriate lifting equipment and standing for extended periods of time.