Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing is seeking Maintenance Technicians on 3rd shift at a local manufacture in Hanover, PA. 3rd shift hours are 10p-6a.
The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze and diagnose equipment issues and execute light to moderate maintenance and repairs timely on various manufacturing production equipment and related accessories. Incumbent will work under minimal supervision. Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions:
- Observe, review, test and diagnose performance issues on manufacturing production equipment and related accessories to determine appropriate parts and repairs needed
- Communicate diagnosis to Supervisor to obtain necessary parts or supplies to complete repair
- Perform routine maintenance such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, hoists, cranes and sanitary facilities and inspect for excessive wear and/or damage
- Utilize power and hand tools to remove, replace and adjust fasteners and locking mechanisms, hoist and replace parts as needed
- Disassemble machines and makes repairs to hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, pipe fitting, sheet metal, basic electrical mechanical and masonry
- Maintain accurate work order, log of maintenance and repairs performed to specific equipment
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities of the Preventative Maintenance Mechanic:
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical operation and repair
- Knowledge of various types of Plumbing repair methods
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: General shop and machine tool noise, dirt, grease, and coolants from the operation of machine tools and the assembly of machines and equipment. Normal working position is standing or walking through the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. May work from a ladder, platform, scaffold inside or outside of the plant and in wide temperature extremes. The weight can range up to 75 lbs therefore proper lifting/moving techniques, i.e. use of a crane, are required in excess of 50 lbs.
Tools Required: Standard machine tools are required to perform most of the daily responsibilities. Any specialized tools or measuring equipment will be provided by the company as needed.