Hampton, GA 30228 US
Maintenance Technician sets up and operates variety of machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines. Installs and repairs mechanical, electrical and
electronic systems and components in industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
How You Will Add Value:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds and tests malfunctioning equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms.
- Inspects machinery's electrical wiring, switches, and controls for safe operating condition, grounding and adjustment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses, and splices wire and insulates wire with friction tape.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Inspects and measures machine parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Realigns and adjusts machine components such as spindles and clutches.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots, CNC machine tools or programmable controllers
- Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots & CNC machine tools, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Modifies computer-controlled motion of robot or CNC machine tool.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Maintains working area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); four to five months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to convert decimal and fractional dimensions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use mathematical and geometric devices, such as, calculators, protractors, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
****Mandatory WorkKeys Ready***
WorkKeys ACT Score (Applied Math – 3, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Observation – 2).
Join our team and see why Axiom Staffing Group is one of the top staffing agencies on the East Coast!
4.7 Stars on Google
“I’m so happy! I got the job! The application process was easy and I was in and out of their office within 35 mins, interviewed and hired the next day.”– Axiom Staffing Associate
WAYS TO APPLY WITH AXIOM STAFFING GROUP - LOCUST GROVE
Download our APP!
Register at www.axiomstaffing.com by clicking ‘Join the Axiom Team’
Walk In: Monday thru Friday/ 9 am - 1 pm
Address: 2662 GA-155 S, Locust Grove, GA 30248
Phone #: 470-497-3700
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Salary: From $26.65 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hampton, GA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person