Hanover, PA 17331 US
Axiom Staffing has immediate 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift sit down forklift openings in Hanover, PA. at a distribution warehouse.
Company Overview: The company’s strategic approach is to develop and implement logistics solutions by helping companies to improve performance and profitability. Services include, but are not limited to: distribution, warehousing, transportation and complete end-to-end logistics. The mission statement set forth is to provide customers with the best possible, prompt and reliable service. Hanover Terminal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Forklift operator is an individual who operates the equipped industrial forklift to move materials in the warehouse and to load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. Operators shall assist in maintaining the equipment in good working condition. They are accountable for general cleaning, reporting issues and knowledge of operating associated working equipment. Forklift operators may work on docks, in warehouses, and in the yards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts of industry to transfer materials between unloading, staging, loading, and storage areas.
- Organizing and securing stored materials such as bales, super sacks, boxes, pallets, and so on.
- Loading or unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, or lifting devises.
- Performing routine post and pre-inspections to ensure suitable working nature of forklift equipment.
- Reporting to supervisor regarding any damage to racks, facility, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards.
- Weighing products or materials, and recording weight and further production information on labels and tags, building pallets in an effort to protect product from damage.
- Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, truck drivers, and other employees regarding unloading and loading operations.
- Wrapping material loads with a wrapper and keeping the warehouse premises clean.
- Completing forklift operator training.
- Office administrative work may be requested from time to time.
- Accurately and promptly reporting product moves, discrepancies, overs/shorts, damages, etc. to the supervisor.
- Accurately completing all paperwork
- Performing other duties as allotted by a manager or supervisor.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to read labels and numbers.
- Ability to operate in high speed and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply.
- Good physical health.
- Able to follow instructions as directed by the supervisor.
- Ability to stand for a long time.
Apply online at https://hrcenter.tempworks.io/en/axiomstaffing/
Call 717 797 4026 with questions
471 Eisenhower Dr. Hanover, PA. 17331 We are located in the Walmart Shopping Center Walk-ins 9a-2p M-F