Entry Level Machine Operator - $20/hr - 1st and 3rd
Canton, GA US
At Axiom Staffing, we are dedicated to connecting talented individuals with exciting career opportunities. We are currently seeking individuals to join our team on behalf of our esteemed client, a leading manufacturer specializing in the production of critical airplane components. This is an opportunity to become an essential part of a cutting-edge industry that plays a pivotal role in the world of aviation.
Our client, known for its commitment to quality and innovation, is at the forefront of aerospace technology, producing parts that are integral to the safe and efficient operation of aircraft. As part of our client's team, you will be instrumental in creating the components that keep aviation soaring to new heights.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career in manufacturing, and if you are ready to embark on a journey in the aerospace industry, we invite you to explore the role of Machine Operator. This position offers a unique chance to contribute to the aerospace sector while working in a dynamic and safety-oriented environment.
As a Machine Operator for our client, you will not only become part of an industry leader but also benefit from competitive compensation, comprehensive training, and opportunities for professional growth.
Because of the nature of this position, all candidates will be required to take a Math and Measurements test before qualifying. Be sure to brush up on your knowledge before your interview!
Job Duties: We are seeking a dedicated Machine Operator to join our team. As a Machine Operator, your role involves ensuring the safe and efficient operation of machinery and equipment. Key responsibilities include:
- Prioritizing safety at all times.
- Understanding and following hard card documentation and processes.
- Knowing where to place the hard card upon task completion.
- Using training sheets to operate machinery effectively.
- Adhering to the production schedule.
- Collecting and recording operational data.
- Verifying piece counts for quality control.
- Inspecting materials for quality and accuracy.
- Building loads and racks as required.
- Generating load sheets to meet production needs.
- Operating and programming ovens for manufacturing processes.
- Understanding TC wire connections for equipment.
- Securing tags on racks to maintain organization.
- Cooling materials with fans as needed.
- Comprehending lab releases and following proper procedures.
- Sending samples to the lab for testing.
- Closing out age sheets for accurate records.
- Having a basic understanding of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and Historian systems.
- Adhering to oven restrictions and safety measures.
- Utilizing required tools and equipment effectively.
- Filling out electronic data for documentation.
- Completing inspection forms (e.g., crane, forklift, pallet jack) as needed.
- Preparing the production line for the next shift.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Shift Duration: Twelve hours - 6 am to 6 pm OR 6 pm to 6 am
- Pay Range: Starting between $20 and $23 per hour
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: 3 months' experience
- Certifications Required: Confined spaces certification; Crane certification; Fall protection certification; Forklift certification; Lock-out/Tag-out certification; Pallet jack certification; Pyrometry certification (certifications completed in new hire orientation)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively listen and communicate ideas and thoughts to others; able to assimilate ideas originated by others.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out and communicate written and/or oral instructions.
- Physical Abilities: Regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands; must be able to lift 50 pounds at any time during the shift; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
General Warehouse Terms Integrated:
This position may also involve activities commonly associated with general warehouse roles such as inventory management, order fulfillment, and quality assurance. As a machine operator, you'll be a key part of our team ensuring the smooth flow of production and warehouse operations. If you have experience in areas like materials handling, inventory control, or warehouse logistics, your skills will be a valuable addition to our team.