Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Gainesville, GA 30504 US
Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking a few Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technicians for a manufacturing facility in Gainesville, Ga. The Industrial Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician will support the installation, maintenance and repair of plant and facility machinery and equipment under the direction of the Maintenance Manager in a timely and cost effective manner. Operate within the identified spare parts inventory program and may assist with ordering parts as deemed necessary. Must be able to safely operate a clamp-lift, forklift and a man-lift. Required to support good housekeeping in the Maintenance areas as well as the Production floor. Assist in cleaning and maintaining spinning packs, to include disassembly and reassembly as required. Will be expected to provide input in support of improving costs associated with the plant operation. May be asked to provide direction and/or training for the General Maintenance Assistant as required.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Perform scheduled daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment.
- Perform daily and monthly safety inspections.
- Make mechanical and electrical repairs as needed to all equipment as instructed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist with maintenance and documentation of spare parts inventory.
- Assists with new projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with building maintenance (landscaping, sprinkler system, housekeeping, HVAC, lighting, etc.) as instructed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Support the documentation of plant equipment and/or processes as required.
- Assist in various departments as required.
- Participate in on-going Safety, ISO, and quality training.
- Participate in training that promotes development within current position.
Qualifications/Requirements of the Electro Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Must have certified/degreed educational training in related field (industrial maintenance, electronics technology, etc.) or a minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Must be able to proficiently use electrical/electronic test equipment (multi-meter, amp-probe, loop-calibrator, etc.).
- Must be capable of interpreting electrical/electronic schematics.
- Must have working knowledge of PLC’s and variable speed drives.
- Must have working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, chill water and HVAC systems.
- Heavy industrial maintenance experience
- Mechanical abilities and healthy electrical troubleshooting knowledge.
- Familiarity with plastic/extrusion production is a plus as well as PLC’s (Allen-Bradley/Siemens), injection molds, conveyor belts, gear boxes, thermos couples, temp controls and familiarity with reading RS Logix 500, read/wiring electrical schematics, etc.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in industrial maintenance and ideally certified or degreed education training in the field of industrial maintenance/electronics technology, etc.
- Must be capable of working an assigned schedule and as necessary, work before or after scheduled hours. This includes working a Continental, 12 hour shift (day shift or night shift). On occasion, rotating shifts on a periodic basis as business needs dictate. The maintenance department is continuous operation, 24/7/365.
- Must be capable of responding to onsite call-ins and/or phone inquiries based on an established schedule (in emergencies, assistance may be required in addition to the call-in schedule).
- Report to work timely, be dependable and have a reliable means of transportation. Also, must have a dependable means of being contacted.
- Work safely at all times, and follow all work and safety procedures.
- Work efficiently and with minimal supervision (self-motivated).
- Must possess strong analytical problem solving skills to quickly solve complex problems.
- Must be flexible to constant change and well organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks, and prioritize; exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to learn quickly and focus on detail.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
- Must be capable of working around and on heavy / moving production equipment and machinery.
- Non-temperature controlled environment.
- Capable of lifting thirty-five (35) lbs. on a continuous basis, and at least fifty (50) lbs. as needed. Over fifty (50) lbs. requires assistance.
- Must be comfortable climbing ladders and working at high elevations.