Electrical Designer Technician
Martinsburg, WV 25401
Develop Electrical Systems
Electrical design engineers use software programs to design and perfect new electrical systems. They design prototypes, troubleshoot potential issues, make changes to fix any issues, and create specifications and other details for these systems.
Throughout the design process, electrical design engineers are responsible for documenting specifications, schematics, and diagrams regarding their projects. They must also produce reports addressing project progress and other details for managerial staff.
Provide Input in Electrical System Manufacturing
Electrical design engineers use their expertise to assist in the production of electrical systems; helping to avoid problems and addressing any issues that might arise in the manufacturing process, thus reducing downtime and ensuring that the project adheres to time and budget expectations.
Electrical design technicians are expected to consistently display strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Detail-oriented time managers with the ability to meet deadlines and focus on project schedules are most successful in this occupation. Organizational, leadership, and creative skills also benefit electrical design engineers. Besides these skills, it is important that electrical design engineers possess the following capabilities:
- Designing and laying out new electrical systems
- Creating system models and simulations
- Testing new systems and making design changes if needed
- Producing necessary design reports and documentation
- Assisting in the manufacture of new electrical systems
- Electrical Design Engineer Tools of the Trade
- CAD software – use computer-aided design (CAD) software on a daily basis
- Project management concepts – from scheduling to meeting deadlines, electrical design engineers should be able to adhere to project management guidelines and processes
- Electrical codes – knowledge of electrical codes is important in the design and manufacture of electrical systems
Please contact the branch at 304-267-8350 for additional information.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.