Automotive Production Line Lead
Sykesville, MD 21784 US
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking a Line Lead at a local Van and Ambulance manufacture in Westminster, MD.
Trains departmental staff members, quality control supervision, departmental process improvement, and assistant supervisory duties. Additional responsibilities will include general maintenance of departmental areas and equipment as well as backup Departmental Supervisory role. This position has advancement potential to Departmental Supervisor position subject to additional requirements and responsibilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to accurately utilize a tape measure.
- Ability to individually lift 50-100 pounds.
- Physical ability to work full day lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling in a non-environmentally controlled work environment in a loud work environment.
- Ability to judge distances and read signs.
- 1+ year experience in related field or industry required.
- 1 year experience in personnel management/supervisory position (or other demonstrated leadership experience).
- High School Diploma or GED, preference given for Associate or Bachelor's degree.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acts under management of Department Supervisor.
- Utilization of work order processing software.
- Operate and monitor all departmental machines/stations as assigned.
- Perform daily and routine preventative maintenance & inspections as assigned on machines/stations.
- Assist & train departmental staff as assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate Quality Control staff.
- Develop and implement improvements to Quality Control processes.
- Development and improvement of departmental operational standards.
- Function as backup Department Supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace and department.
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of current systems and processes.
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools.
- Familiarity with basic automobile mechanics and electrical systems a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.