Assembly Specialist 3
Hampton, GA 30228 US
Assists in the assembly, repair or testing of electromechanical equipment such as Circuit, Line Load, Capacitor Switchers or similar products.
- Transports specified parts from storage to work area manually or by using overhead crane.
- Removes burrs and rough surfaces from metal parts with hand file or portable pneumatic grinder.
- Brushes lubricant on moving parts and fits parts together on bench, following blueprints.
- Inserts shims between parts to realign or level parts and verifies alignment and clearance of parts.
- Bolts, screws, and rivets parts together.
- Sets up and operates drill press and hydraulic or manual press.
- Connects electric wires to terminals of subassembly.
- Moves subassemblies to and from storage area.
- Assists other operators during product assembly by supplying needed components or tools.
- Assists in the transportation and setup of equipment for testing.
- Maintains equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to be a productive member of a team based work group. Uses communication skills and ingenuity to effectively process work, share ideas and solve problems. Shares knowledge and experience of process and machinery with other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); up to one month of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate job related issues with supervisor, team leaders and other employees.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to use simple mathematical and geometric devices, such as, calculators, calipers, scales, measuring tapes, etc.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move 20 to 40 pounds and occasionally handle material over 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Join our team and see why Axiom Staffing Group is one of the top staffing agencies on the East Coast!
4.5 Stars on Google
“Incredible staff. They went above and beyond to get me employed. Genuine people who genuinely want to see you out there making money.. Thank you for all of your efforts.” – Axiom Staffing Associate
WAYS TO APPLY WITH AXIOM STAFFING GROUP - LOCUST GROVE
Download our APP!
Register at www.axiomstaffing.com by clicking ‘Join the Axiom Team’
Walk In: Monday thru Friday/ 9am - 1:00pm
Address: 2662 GA-155 S, Locust Grove, GA 30248
Phone #: 470-497-3700
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $18.19 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hampton, GA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 6 months (required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person