Sales Tax Accountant
Orlando, FL 32805
Ensure compliance with state and local sales and use tax laws and regulations and other indirect taxes. Responsible for implementing controls to reduce company tax exposure. Resolve issues that arise as a result of operations and various taxing jurisdictions. Prepare, calculate, project, and perform other related assignments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with state and local sales and use tax laws and regulations and other indirect taxes.
- Responsible for implementing controls to reduce company tax exposure.
- May be responsible for one or more of the following sub functions:
- Review multi-state sales and use tax returns.
- Review business licenses and property tax returns.
- Coordinate and manage sales/use tax and business licenses audits, including sample selection and projections.
- Review, test and update point of sales systems (production and development environments) to ensure accuracy of tax calculations including rates and taxability determinations.
- Prepare/review reconciliations and journal entries.
- Review, research and respond to government notices.
- Ability to identify and communicate solutions to complex, time-critical or recurring business issues.
- Exemption certificate issuance and management.
- Research complex tax issues law and pending legislation to determine its application to operations, including regulations, statutes and case law.
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist Tax Manager and provide leadership, training and direction to staff.
- Multiple entities/multi-state sales and use tax experience
- Experience with tax research software (i.e. CCH, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Experience with sales tax software such as Taxware or Vertex
- Experience with Point of Sales System such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Advance skills in MS Excel and proficient in MS Access
- CPA Track or Master’s degree
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.