Hanover, PA 17331
Axiom Staffing is seeking a candidate for a Purchasing Position, this is a 1st shift position.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the administration of materials, requisitions, placement of purchase orders for assigned commodities, supplies, and/or services.
- Assess suppliers on quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate and financial stability
- Assess total costs to include price, cost of delivery, quality control and inventory
- Monitor suppliers for value and quality
- Negotiate long-term contracts and measure suppliers against those contracts
- Manage assigned commodities such that the quality, cost, and delivery objectives of the company are successfully supported
- Expert in commodity market indices, trends, supply and demands to be able to make sound judgment in negotiations and purchase of products
- Develop long and short-range procurement strategies that ensure supply of material (both domestic and international)
- Recommends policy and procedures to improve purchasing efficiency and effect cost savings
- Visits and interviews current and prospective IS-certified suppliers to assure that they have the capability to supply quality products and leading technology
- Compiles bid packages to obtain quotes from multiple sources to make sure the best value is received
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions covering assigned commodities and supplies
- Produce necessary correspondence to expedite, change, cancel or improve terms as necessary
- Prepares reports and presents to management, as required, information pertaining to suppliers performance and alternate sources
- Works as a team member with other departments such as Manufacturing and Maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct Hire Position
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Economics or Supply Chain or equivalent experience and five to eight years of purchasing or supply chain management in Manufacturing and International sourcing and logistics.
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities of the Buyer:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Excellent written communications
- Analytical abilities and financial skills
Please call 717-797-4026 for more information!
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.