Manufacturing Tech - CNC Machine Operator
Pooler, GA 31322
Axiom Staffing Group has partnered with a leading weapon system manufacturing company in Ellabell, GA. We are searching for qualified Manufacturing Technicians.
The preferred CNC Manufacturing Tech/CNC Machine Operator will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of environmental health and safety principles, policies and procedures.
- Conforms to and operates within the framework of all applicable operator work instructions, SOPs, quality, safety procedures and any items deemed necessary by your supervisor or leadership.
- Operates varying machinery in designated area of responsibility (mill, lathe, gun drill, etc.) at an acceptable production level.
- Participates in weekly toolbox meetings on safety and quality issues.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads raw materials in CNC machinery in accordance with the operator work instructions.
- Monitor machine for unusual sound or vibration.
- Remove finished product, deburr edges, and blend imperfections.
- Assess tools and monitor for wear. Notify appropriate personnel for replacement if needed.
- Monitor, check and test the quality of parts produced in accordance with inspection sheets and work instructions using micrometers, dial indicators, hard gauging and other precision measuring instruments.
- Clean and maintain machine, tooling, and fixtures to keep equipment in optimal production condition.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work area; Keep all machines, tools, and equipment and work surfaces free of oil, grease, etc. Prevent and reduce clutter; improve organization at all times.
- Properly clocks in and out of ERP for time and attendance and production work orders. Accurately records production quantities.
- Detect and notify supervision of faulty machine operations, defective materials and unusual conditions.
- Properly follow and maintain documents such as travel tickets, inspection sheets, PM logs, product non-conformance reports and others as determined by management.
- Work as a member of a team, under general and direct supervision
To be considered for the CNC Manufacturing Tech/CNC Machine Operator position, please submit your application online at www.axiomstaffing.com and follow up by phone at (912) 348-2420 to schedule an in-person interview.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1+ years of prior CNC experience or related Machine Operator experience and/or training (preferred in a manufacturing, production and assembly environment) preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to fill the requirements of the position.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of CNC Machine Operating.
- May be required to work varying shifts as needed.
- Ability to pass the basic skills assessment in Mathematics, Metrology, Blue Print Reading and Operator Work Instructions.
- Ability to perform as part of a team and to cooperate and work proactively with others.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new process techniques.
- Great attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines and pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work in accordance with our Permission to Play Values.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.