Duluth, GA 30096
MIG Welders Needed
A company located in Duluth, specializing in distributing automotive parts, is seeking a MIG Welder to add to their team.
This company has several openings: MIG Welder, Brake Press Operator, Turret Operator, Roll Former Operator and Assembly
The primary responsibility of a MIG welder is to join multiple pieces of metal together using an electric arc. The MIG welder uses feeder wire, electric current, and an inert gas (typically a combination of argon and carbon dioxide) to fuse two or more pieces of metal together and keep contaminants from entering the weld and weakening the bond. MIG welding is the most common type of gas metal arc welding, which uses direct current to melt and bond metals
MIG Welders Job Duties:
- Measure and cut steel and aluminum to make parts.
- Read technical documents and specification sheet.
- Troubleshoot welding issues.
- Adjust gas ratios while working on overhead pieces, for example, to reduce splatter and worksite hazards, or identify and correct issues with gas flow or wire spool delivery rates that can slow down welding processes.
- Proven experience as a machine operator 2-5 years or Vocational or technical completion- (Entry level)
- Previous experience running and operating a Brake Press machine or something similar
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) or through schooling
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Mathematical and analytical abilities
- Able to configure outside of normal profiles and edit
- High school diploma, Technical certification; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship or hands on work experience will be preferred
Keywords: Brake press, Turret Press / punch, MIG welder, steel, aluminum, galvanized, CNC, machinist, AMADA
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume to: Lawrenceville@axiomstaffing.com
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.