Cost Accountant II
Pooler, GA 31322
Axiom Staffing Group has partnered with a leading weapon system manufacturing company in Ellabell, GA. We are searching for a qualified Cost Accountant II.
- Ensures ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
- Construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Runs inventory costing utilities and issues inventory balance report on a daily basis;
- Records inventory adjustments for scrap, loss, and shrinkage as incurred;
- Attends weekly meeting with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Procurement to discuss upcoming projects and new parts; maintains new parts tracking spreadsheet and creates new parts and engineering masters in ERP system for review and approval by Director of Planning and Inventory Control;
- Reviews weekly reports to identify potential inventory issues with work in process and finished goods;
- Maintains sales price guide spreadsheet and updates price levels in ERP system as requested;
- Performs monthly cycle count and year-end inventory count with external auditors; investigates cycle count variances and resolves issues; issues monthly cycle count reports to Senior Management for review and analysis; leads monthly cycle count review meeting with staff;
- Prepares inventory adjustments report at month end for review and analysis by Senior Management;
- Maintains accounting files per retention policy.
- Special projects as assigned by Director of Planning and Inventory Control or other members of management.
Please submit your application online at axiomstaffing.com and follow up by phone at (912) 348-2420 to schedule an in-person interview.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education Level Required - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience Required – A Minimum of 2 years in field.
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with others is a must.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and work with our Permission to Play Values.
- Excellent credit history.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.