CNC Programmer / Machinist
Duluth, GA 30096
Located in Duluth, a company specializing in high-end aluminum design solutions for booth building, showrooms and displays has an immediate opening for a Machinist. The ideal candidate will be operating a CNC 3 Axis machine to perform assigned tasks. They will be producing precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements with an aluminum product.
- Reviews samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Proven experience as machinist 2-5 years or Vocational or technical completion- (Entry level)
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.) or through schooling
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of Aluminum and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Able to configure outside of normal profiles and edit
- High school diploma, Technical certification; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship or hands on work experience will be preferred
If you feel you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume to: Lawrenceville@axiomstaffing.com
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.