Retail Store Manager
Martinsburg, WV 25401
Axiom Staffing Group is currently recruiting for a Store Manager for a local retail establishment in the Martinsburg, WV area.
The Store Manager supervises and manages the assigned retail store to ensure efficient operation which shall include, but not be limited to: sales, merchandising, pricing, maintenance, display, and related paperwork.
-40 hours a week, some evenings & weekends
-Pay rate is $38,000 - $40,000
- Supervise store personnel and assigned trainees.
- Arrange store windows, store displays, and promotional activities.
- Develop working knowledge and adhere to all store policies and procedures, including, but not limited to: opening and closing, pricing, markdowns, and accurate and timely completion of related paperwork.
- Schedule store personnel to ensure adequate coverage, make schedule changes and cover for store personnel as business dictates.
- Sell merchandise and provide customer service and assistance as well as resolve customer complaints through policy implementation.
- Maintain store premises and merchandise in a clean, safe and organized fashion. Assure store supplies are on hand as required.
- Maintain store safety/security and safeguard premises and merchandise at all times.
- Receive and check incoming merchandise shipments and maintain adequate stock levels on racks and fixtures.
- Price merchandise, rotate stock and markdown prices in accordance with pricing policies and procedures.
- Ring sales correctly on cash register, handle money, cash reconciliation, and make store deposits in accordance with policy.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties of store operation.
- Receive donations and transport to designated area and ensure prompt scheduling of home pick-ups as required.
- Ability to move up to forty (40) pounds.
- Capable of moving up and down stairs/ladders without difficulty.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image of the retail establishment.
- Good math skills.
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written.
- Ability to be flexible for schedule changes as business needs dictate.
- Ability to provide motivation, leadership, and supervision to store personnel and trainees.
- Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures, as well as attend required training.
- Ability to relate to and have an understanding of the needs of people with disabling and disadvantaging conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years retail experience required with increasing responsibilities preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation for banking and meetings.
- Must have telephone.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.