Service Desk Analyst (Two Openings)
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking to fill two Service Desk Analyst roles with our client located in Alexandria, VA. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity.
The Service Desk Analyst's role is to ensure proper computer operation for end users to assist with accomplishing business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
• Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
• Provide direction to less experienced Service Desk team members
• Identify gaps in processes and services across production and test environments
• Write efficient, easy to follow user guides and documentation
• Act as liaison between technical and non-technical counterparts
• Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, service desk system, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Monitor heath and status of ATM’s and escalate when appropriate.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
• Spend the majority of time working with other IT teams on projects and leading the service desk team
• Dispatches maintenance service calls from appropriate vendors.
• Obtain estimates for equipment or services for approval by IT Program Management Manager.
• Reviews vendor invoices received and processes for IT Program Management Manager for approval.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent and 3 years in a related IT Service Desk field.
- Demonstrate strong technical aptitude in relevant areas such as, but not limited to PC hardware and software components, system applications, and general computer operations.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude in relevant areas such as, but not limited to Server hardware components, Windows, Linux based, and Apple Operating systems and applications, Cisco Networking architecture and configuration.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.