Quality Manager- DIRECT HIRE
Axiom Staffing Group is accepting resumes for an experienced Quality Manager. This position is a Direct Hire opportunity located at a local manufacturing facility.
The Quality Manager will direct the efforts of the QA/Inspection department in seeking out and rectifying manufacturing quality problems. They will ensure that all customer requirements are being maintained, design and implement process improvement systems and will be responsible for corrective and preventive action implementation along with customer follow up and feedback for assigned facility. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to data review and reporting, audits, inspections and employee management.
- Directs the day to day assignments of departmental quality auditors by determining those areas of concern that require additional over site.
- Leads and trains those personnel to assure their growth in knowledge of training, systems and issues in quality within the manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoots problems affecting quality and cost of products.
- Investigates and recommends changes to the manufacturing processes and reports to management.
- Plan and implement new systems and processes preventing or correcting quality issues and cost deficiencies.
- Designs tests and experiments as well as audits to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and ensure communications on all quality activities with employees, supervisors and managers.
- Directs and monitors standard quality practices and systems to ensure they are maintained.
- Calibration of tools such as scales in refrigeration, HI-Pot testers, E-Tec etc. and perform preventive maintenance of key equipment effecting quality and productivity.
- Ensures that corrective/preventive actions are taken on audit findings and customer complaints.
- Performs annual evaluations of department personnel.
- Monitor the training and performance of department personnel
- Post-Secondary education in a technical field (preferably electrical or mechanical engineering) or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in the quality field preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with ISO certification.
- Experience in designing, auditing and/or improving quality controls and systems processes.
- Strong computer skills, technical writing skills, and analytical skills.
- Human relations skills to deal effectively with subordinates, co-workers and other internal/external customers.
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.