A growing logistics company in Southeast Jacksonville is seeking an experienced Load Planner to be responsible for creating efficient trip plans for drayage operation.
- Identify freight/lane needs to reduce empty miles
- Analyze and communicate freight needs to inside sales team within established timeline
- Maximize owner operator loaded miles within the geographic terminal area
- Improve service performance through freight planning that allows the owner operator or outside carrier enough time to meet the scheduled appointment by replacing timing assumptions with historical system data
- Perform weekly service performance and provide recommendations to improve service levels
- Partner with internal departments to communicate truck capacity and improve efficiency of operations
- Assist with scheduling back haul drayage moves
- Align dray freight pick-ups and deliveries with optimal truck power
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with 2 or more years of experience in Customer Service, Fleet Management or Load Planning within the transportation industry
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent with 7 or more years of experience.
- Customer service focused leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AS400, XPM
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.