Global Materials and Logistics Manager
Axiom Staffing Group is seeking to fill the position of Global Materials and Logistics Manager for our client located in Kearneysville, WV. This is a full time, permanent opportunity. The Global Materials and Logistics Manager will manage the activities of the purchasing department; will purchase materials and supplies at an optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining lowest possible inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of material planning, sourcing, supplier negotiations including contracts performance and relationship management
- Work with outside vendors on coordination of projects and deliveries
- Maintain adequate stock levels using MRP, forecasting and delivery requirements
- Negotiate with vendors for best price, lead times, quality, terms and conditions
- Pursue new vendors in a global environment
- Conduct supplier audits to minimize risk and ensure business continuity
- Maintain multiple sources to minimize risk and ensure business continuity
- Supply supporting information for annual budgeting
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of supply inventory maintenance, disbursement and storage systems
- Excellent communication, and negotiation skills to obtain the most cost effective prices and contract terms for goods purchased
- Experience in managing a global supply chain
- Strong communication skills. Professional ethics, tactful and courteous in dealing with vendors.
- Excellent planning, organization and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to operate in a tactical and strategic role as needed
- Ability to supervise and direct staff
- BS/BA in business or related field + 5 years of experience in a global procurement environment
We are committed to providing all interested job seekers with the opportunity to search for jobs and complete the application process without barriers. We will also not refuse to hire a disabled applicant who can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, in the application process, or in performing a job if hired, please contact Human Resources.